Wingworks offers serious bird hunters a heavy duty upgrade of the versatile strap-style upland wingshooting vest
Please check for Updates below
Originally developed by chukar hunters in the high-desert Northwest, Wingworks feature a weight bearing waist belt, 100 oz. plus water capacity and restriction-free movement for walking and shooting.They accomodate the layered clothing approach to the variety of weather encountered in fall hunting conditions. Durable Mesh, Cordura and Ballistic Cloth construction, simple adjustments, exceptional load capacity and small body footprint set WingWorks apart from the rest. Built to hold up to hard use day after day, in a variety of climates and terrain.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Mouse over photos for text
IMPORTANT WINGWORKS UPDATES
12/4/19 Getting close to some inventory, but we’ll be mopping up old orders and obligations before re-opening for vest orders. We’ve had some supply chain issues that have been hard to replace, some new dies made and lower density foam for waist belts tried out, and other unrelated stuff to take care of still. Thanks for checking in.
10/30/19 Still working on it folks, will keep posting as we’re closer to accepting vest orders. We get a lot of calls and emails on when we’ll re-open for vest orders, can’t answer them all. We’ll post anything new here in Updates.
8/26/19 We are seeing some inventory limits ahead with a good backlog of orders, so we’re temporarily stopping new vest orders and get current and caught up for upcoming bird seasons. We’ll still be open for Accessory orders. As of 9/16 all standing vest orders have been shipped.
8/14/19 Older Gift Certificates are redeemable at the new higher vest price, if you have trouble let us know. Pretty buried with orders right now, 3 weeks or so lead time.
When trying on your vest for the first time, center the belt on your navel, snug up the belt, then snug up the harness to keep it in place. Some weight or water will help settle the belt onto your hips. Omissions, errors or size problems? Let us know!
8/7/19 Now taking new vest orders, however if using a gift certificate please email your order for a couple of days until we debug for price change. We hope for a max 2 week turnaround to ship on vests, but volume of orders may have some effect with the season approaching. Questions please by text or email, you’ll get better answers and keep us building vests.
8/2/19 We’ll begin taking vest orders again next Wednesday, August 7th. Please note these changes: There’s a price increase on the basic vest to $260.00, Grouse Pockets won’t be available for a while, and there’s a new Accessory listing for Velcro Shotshell Strips. Online orders only for a while please, it’s the busy pre-season.
6/6/19 We’re low on Grouse Belt components so have removed this option from the Ballistic Vest Order options for now.
2/19/19 Extending down time until 3/12/19, all website orders will be disabled until we return. We will have more XL Blaze gamebags on our return.
1/19/19 As predicted we’ve run out of XL Blaze Gamebag components, more are on order. Consider a Non-Blaze vest, they’re more versatile for other species like duck, doves and turkey.
3/23/17 We’re still getting a lot of orders with pants waist size instead of “waist at navel” measurement. If you can’t handle the truth, have a friend do it for you!
WHAT’S CHANGED ON THE NEW VESTS?
- Molle pouch bases on each long pocket flaps allowing larger iPhone and pistol holster options, New roomier pouches on each long shellpocket for Garmin Astros, Alphas and others, bear spray, etc.
- New padded absorbent lining on waist belt and harness
- LH and RH shoulder harness details
- HD breathable mesh on shoulder harness yoke and gamebag
- Some experimental larger gamebags and breathable mesh long pockets for trainers and outfitters. Call or email us.
WHAT SEPARATES WINGWORKS FROM OTHER UPLAND VESTS?
- Bombproof 1050d Ballistic Cloth exterior, fully lined with 420 denier nylon packcloth, beefed up sewing where it counts.
- Modular Design: Components will continue to be interchangeable to allow users to keep up with design improvements.
- Hunter ergonomics dominate design priorities, to minimize interference with climbing, walking and shooting.
- Versatility in a variety of hunting and weather conditions; small on-the-body footprint for warm weather hunting, simple adjustments.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
- Four sizes (M, L, XL, XXL) in Khaki and Hunter Orange/Khaki
- Game Bag: Aqualon bloodproof barrier against hunter, 2 zippered accessory pockets on each side, extra water/convenience pouch inside, bringing designated water storage to 118 oz (using Ultimate Direction 54 oz bottle or hydration reservoir). Roomy rear accessory zippered pouch. Rear tie-down for extra jacket or shed antlers.
- Shell Pockets: On your sides where they don’t interfere. This also works for horseback hunters and ORV riders who need side-mounted bags. Pocket flaps Velcro inside pockets for fast shell access. Each pocket will accommodate large spring water bottles and training birds for trainers in hot climates. Strap connection through water holsters and game bag minimize flopping and hold vest together as a unit. Deep enough that you won’t lose shells, and can carry enough.
- Water Holsters: Removable, easy access holsters hold squeezable BPA free 32 oz squeeze bottles for dogs and hunters.
- Shoulder Harness: Sternum Strap Harness for its’ quick adjust and suitability to more difficult terrain and heavy loads. It adjusts in front and back to place the yoke where it needs to be regardless of size. Lightweight nylon shoulder straps won’t interfere with gun mount!
- Hip Suspension Belt: Comfortable, weight-bearing waist belt keeps load on leg and thigh muscles and stress off shoulders for more freedom of movement and less fatigue. Belt adjusts easily with 2” cam or side release buckle, and offers comfortable lower back support.
- Blaze Detail Vest runs about 140 square inches of Blaze Orange, about 180 inches with the Blaze Orange Harness. Will need to be supplemented to meet some state requirements.