WingWorks offers serious bird hunters a heavy duty upgrade of the versatile strap-style upland wingshooting vest.
Originally developed by chukar hunters in the high-desert Northwest, WW Vests feature a weight bearing waist belt, 100 oz. plus water capacity and restriction-free movement for walking and shooting.
They accomodate the layered clothing approach to the variety of weather encountered in fall hunting conditions. Durable Cordura and Ballistic Cloth construction, simple adjustments, exceptional load capacity and small body footprint set WingWorks apart from the rest.
Built to hold up to hard use day after day, in a variety of climates and terrain. Questions? Try firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on vest for details Click on vest to enlarge
Current News and Site Info
Here is a link to “The Best of the Vests” article by David Draper in the Sept/Oct 2012 issue of Shooting Sportsman magazine, which included the Wingworks’ Ballistic Vest. The current price for Ballistic Vests is $220/$15 shipping.
Important Wingworks Updates
2/10/16 Vest inventory is coming in slower than expected, but we have rec’d about 50% of our order, not enough to ship many complete orders. We will fire up website order forms after shipping backorders, so this could be a couple of weeks. We’re almost a month behind what we expected, so we’re frustrated and would prefer to be selling and shipping! Thanks for your patience.
NOTE! Regarding redemption of Gift Certificates, we need measurements of height, weight and waist at navel level, not belt line. Right or left handed as well. Regarding color choices, there is a blaze/plain color choice on the shoulder harness and game bag components. Also a choice of belt buckle styles, either a Side-Release style or Cam style, the latter being the style seen on jet/airline seats. Please email, don’t call with this info, and don’t forget a ground shipping address!
1/15/16 In anticipation of new vest inventory we’ve added some new items in Hunting Accessories, Ballistol Spray Lubricant in 1.5 and 6 oz, and Counter Assault Bear Deterrent in 8.1 oz size. Hope to see things start coming in next week.
WHAT’S CHANGED ON THE NEW VESTS?
- A stiffer Mil-Spec Cordura is now used throughout the vest, formerly used only in specific areas. Formerly these vests were recommended to trainers and guides. We have also been experimenting with stouter 1050D Ballistic Fabric and these vests have become our most popular for guides and outfitters.
- 1″ wider shell pockets for easier access
- Heavier 2″ straps on shoulder harnesses to bear the load
- Optional Tritronics G 2/3 transmitter mount on shell pocket
- Choice of Blaze or Tan harness with each vest purchased
WHAT SEPARATES WINGWORKS FROM OTHER UPLAND VESTS?
- Bombproof 1000 denier Cordura or Ballistic exterior, fully lined with 420 denier nylon packcloth, beefed up sewing where it counts.
- Modular Design: Components will continue to be interchangeable to allow users to keep up with design improvements.
- Hunter ergonomics dominate design priorities, to minimize interference with climbing, walking and shooting.
- Versatility in a variety of hunting and weather conditions; small on-the-body footprint for warm weather hunting, simple adjustments.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
- Four sizes (M, L, XL, XXL) in Khaki and Hunter Orange/Khaki
- Game Bag: Aqualon bloodproof barrier against hunter, 2 zippered accessory pockets on each side, extra water/convenience pouch inside, bringing designated water storage to 118 oz (using Ultimate Direction 54 oz bottle). Roomy rear accessory blister pouch. Rear tie-down for extra jacket or shed antlers.
- Shell Pockets: On your sides where they don’t interfere. This also works for horseback hunters and ORV riders who need side-mounted bags. Pocket flaps Velcro inside pockets for fast shell access. Each pocket will accommodate large spring water bottles and training birds for trainers in hot climates. Small stash pockets on pocket baffles for multi-tools, pistol clips, knives, etc. Strap connection through water holsters and game bag minimize flopping and hold vest together as a unit. Deep enough that you won’t lose shells, and can carry enough.
- Water Holsters: Removeable, easy access holsters hold versatile 32 oz squeeze bottles for dogs and hunters. BPA free.
- Shoulder Harness: We’ve gone to just one style, the Sternum Strap Harness for its’ quick adjust and suitability to more difficult terrain and heavy loads. It adjust in front and back to place the yoke where it needs to be regardless of size. Lightweight nylon shoulder straps don’t interfere with gun mount!
- Hip Suspension Belt: Comfortable, weight-bearing waist belt keeps load on leg and thigh muscles and stress off shoulders for more freedom of movement and less fatigue. Belt adjusts easily with 2” cam or side release buckle, and offers comfortable lower back support.
- Khaki/Blaze Vest runs about 160 square inches of Blaze Orange, about 200 inches with the Blaze Orange Harness.