WingWorks offers serious bird hunters a heavy duty upgrade of the versatile strap-style upland wingshooting vest.
Originally developed by chukar hunters in the high-desert Northwest, WW Vests feature a weight bearing waist belt, 100 oz. plus water capacity and restriction-free movement for walking and shooting.
They accomodate the layered clothing approach to the variety of weather encountered in fall hunting conditions. Durable Cordura and Ballistic Cloth construction, simple adjustments, exceptional load capacity and small body footprint set WingWorks apart from the rest.
Built to hold up to hard use day after day, in a variety of climates and terrain. Questions? Try email@example.com
Click on vest for details Click on vest to enlarge
Current News and Site Info
Here is a link to “The Best of the Vests” article by David Draper in the Sept/Oct 2012 issue of Shooting Sportsman magazine, which included the Wingworks’ Ballistic Vest. The current price for Ballistic Vests is $220/$15 shipping, Cordura Vests $185/$15 shipping.
9/4/15 It’s finally happened, we’re entirely out of Cordura and Ballistic Upland Vests until restocking. Still hoping for something in Ballistic around months end, we’ll update as we know more.
8/18/15 New Cordura Khaki Long Pockets have arrived with fuller pouches off the front to fit bear spray and electronics. These will be the standard pockets for the remaining Cordura vests this season. Don’t look for new Ballistic Vests until later into September. We will notice customers here and on Facebook when more definite dates of delivery are available. If you need to contact us, you’ll have better luck by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6/8/15 We are now entirely out of Ballistic Vest inventory, and only have Khaki Cordura Vests available for new orders. Look for new inventory towards the end of this Summer! On Accessory orders, we will reduce shipping on small packages from the standard $15 flat fee which the software limits us to. Most vest shipping in the US is running over $15 in actual charges.
12/19/14 We are starting to run low on some components, and are now out of Ballistic Khaki Gamebags. This is reflected in the choices on the Ballistic Vest Order Form. We do have plenty in Cordura Khaki.
9/30/14 If you’re considering one of our Garmin Alpha/Astro Holsters, take a look at the new Snap Strap version. It allows a shorter more stable connection loop to the vests, and has a longer loop that works great over a pants belt when just exercising dogs.
WHAT’S CHANGED ON THE NEW VESTS?
- A stiffer Mil-Spec Cordura is now used throughout the vest, formerly used only in specific areas. Formerly these vests were recommended to trainers and guides. We have also been experimenting with stouter 1050D Ballistic Fabric and these vests have become our most popular for guides and outfitters.
- 1″ wider shell pockets for easier access
- Heavier 2″ straps on shoulder harnesses to bear the load
- Optional Tritronics G 2/3 transmitter mount on shell pocket
- Choice of Blaze or Tan harness with each vest purchased
WHAT SEPARATES WINGWORKS FROM OTHER UPLAND VESTS?
- Bombproof 1000 denier Cordura or Ballistic exterior, fully lined with 420 denier nylon packcloth, beefed up sewing where it counts.
- Modular Design: Components will continue to be interchangeable to allow users to keep up with design improvements.
- Hunter ergonomics dominate design priorities, to minimize interference with climbing, walking and shooting.
- Versatility in a variety of hunting and weather conditions; small on-the-body footprint for warm weather hunting, simple adjustments.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
- Four sizes (M, L, XL, XXL) in Khaki and Hunter Orange/Khaki
- Game Bag: Aqualon bloodproof barrier against hunter, 2 zippered accessory pockets on each side, extra water/convenience pouch inside, bringing designated water storage to 118 oz (using Ultimate Direction 54 oz bottle). Roomy rear accessory blister pouch. Rear tie-down for extra jacket or shed antlers.
- Shell Pockets: On your sides where they don’t interfere. This also works for horseback hunters and ORV riders who need side-mounted bags. Pocket flaps Velcro inside pockets for fast shell access. Each pocket will accommodate large spring water bottles and training birds for trainers in hot climates. Small stash pockets on pocket baffles for multi-tools, pistol clips, knives, etc. Strap connection through water holsters and game bag minimize flopping and hold vest together as a unit. Deep enough that you won’t lose shells, and can carry enough.
- Water Holsters: Removeable, easy access holsters hold versatile 32 oz squeeze bottles for dogs and hunters. BPA free.
- Shoulder Harness: We’ve gone to just one style, the Sternum Strap Harness for its’ quick adjust and suitability to more difficult terrain and heavy loads. It adjust in front and back to place the yoke where it needs to be regardless of size. Lightweight nylon shoulder straps don’t interfere with gun mount!
- Hip Suspension Belt: Comfortable, weight-bearing waist belt keeps load on leg and thigh muscles and stress off shoulders for more freedom of movement and less fatigue. Belt adjusts easily with 2” cam or side release buckle, and offers comfortable lower back support.
- Khaki/Blaze Vest runs about 160 square inches of Blaze Orange, about 200 inches with the Blaze Orange Harness.