WingWorks offers serious bird hunters a heavy duty upgrade of the versatile strap-style upland wingshooting vest.
Originally developed by chukar hunters in the high-desert Northwest, WW Vests feature a weight bearing waist belt, 100 oz. plus water capacity and restriction-free movement for walking and shooting.
They accomodate the layered clothing approach to the variety of weather encountered in fall hunting conditions. Durable Cordura and Ballistic Cloth construction, simple adjustments, exceptional load capacity and small body footprint set WingWorks apart from the rest.
Built to hold up to hard use day after day, in a variety of climates and terrain. Questions? Try firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on vest for details Click on vest to enlarge
Current News and Site Info
We’d rather be building vests than speaking on the phone during working hours! Please email us at email@example.com with your questions. You’ll get better answers you can refer back to. If you need to call please leave a message and we’ll get back to you. Thanks!
Here is a link to “The Best of the Vests” article by David Draper in the Sept/Oct issue of Shooting Sportsman magazine, which included the Wingworks’ Ballistic Vest. Check it out, it was the author’s favorite! The current price for Ballistic Vests is $220, w/$15 shipping.
1/4/14 Following some unexpected travel delays, we’re back in the shop building and shipping vests today. We’ll be running through the backlog by date until done.
12/1/13 Just in, New Khaki Ballistic Grouse Pockets in L and XL to match up with our Ballistic Vests. If you’re not familiar with the Grouse version, please check out the listing Grouse Pockets under Vest Accessories on the right hand menu. The pockets don’t have a built-in transmitter pouch, and are geared to keep out debris out in thick woods encountered in grouse country. We’re looking ahead at removing the Blaze overlay material from the shell pockets for durability issues in thick, abrasive cover, though we do have some inventory in Cordura Grouse Pockets.
8/14/13 A reminder that our current phone contact is 208-720-1129, and we have dropped our former landline 208-788-0729. We still request customers use our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org for contact and inquiries.
7/7/13 First reports from customers on new kennel doors and vents sound very good, built on same patterns we’ve carried for several years. See them here!
5/21/13 Back from a few days at the Overland Expo near Flagstaff showing off new Ranger Chairs, a new take on the Fenby/Tripolina chairs from the 19th century British military/safari days. See them here at http://americancampchair.auc.com/
WHAT’S CHANGED ON THE NEW VESTS?
- A stiffer Mil-Spec Cordura is now used throughout the vest, formerly used only in specific areas. Formerly these vests were recommended to trainers and guides. We have also been experimenting with stouter 1050D Ballistic Fabric and these vests have become our most popular for guides and outfitters.
- 1″ wider shell pockets for easier access
- Heavier 2″ straps on shoulder harnesses to bear the load
- Optional Tritronics G 2/3 transmitter mount on shell pocket
- Choice of Blaze or Tan harness with each vest purchased
WHAT SEPARATES WINGWORKS FROM OTHER UPLAND VESTS?
- Bombproof 1000 denier Cordura or Ballistic exterior, fully lined with 420 denier nylon packcloth, beefed up sewing where it counts.
- Modular Design: Components will continue to be interchangeable to allow users to keep up with design improvements.
- Hunter ergonomics dominate design priorities, to minimize interference with climbing, walking and shooting.
- Versatility in a variety of hunting and weather conditions; small on-the-body footprint for warm weather hunting, simple adjustments.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
- Four sizes (M, L, XL, XXL) in Khaki and Hunter Orange/Khaki
- Game Bag: Aqualon bloodproof barrier against hunter, 2 zippered accessory pockets on each side, extra water/convenience pouch inside, bringing designated water storage to 118 oz (using Ultimate Direction 54 oz bottle). Roomy rear accessory blister pouch. Rear tie-down for extra jacket or shed antlers.
- Shell Pockets: On your sides where they don’t interfere. This also works for horseback hunters and ORV riders who need side-mounted bags. Pocket flaps Velcro inside pockets for fast shell access. Each pocket will accommodate large spring water bottles and training birds for trainers in hot climates. Small stash pockets on pocket baffles for multi-tools, pistol clips, knives, etc. Strap connection through water holsters and game bag minimize flopping and hold vest together as a unit. Deep enough that you won’t lose shells, and can carry enough.
- Water Holsters: Removeable, easy access holsters hold versatile 32 oz squeeze bottles for dogs and hunters. BPA free.
- Shoulder Harness: We’ve gone to just one style, the Sternum Strap Harness for its’ quick adjust and suitability to more difficult terrain and heavy loads. It adjust in front and back to place the yoke where it needs to be regardless of size. Lightweight nylon shoulder straps don’t interfere with gun mount!
- Hip Suspension Belt: Comfortable, weight-bearing waist belt keeps load on leg and thigh muscles and stress off shoulders for more freedom of movement and less fatigue. Belt adjusts easily with 2” cam or side release buckle, and offers comfortable lower back support.
- Khaki/Blaze Vest runs about 160 square inches of Blaze Orange, about 200 inches with the Blaze Orange Harness.