Mouse over photos for text
New Vest Orders have been paused for us to catch up on orders and generate some new inventory
Note: Customers don’t need to choose a vest size. Just supply us with your Height, Weight, and Waist at Navel (NOT BELTLINE WAIST! Vests must be worn centered at navel level to “hip load”) color choices and accessories. Minimum “waist at navel” size for Men’s is 32″, Women 30″
Ballistic Vests have a few notable improvements over the past year:
- HD Mesh on back half of Gamebag and zipper pouch for lighter weight and better ventilation in cooling down game.
- Molle base straps on Long Pocket flaps to make sidearm, phone and medical pouches easier to mount and remove. A new larger capacity Gamebag in Blaze also has Molle bases on each side, replacing zippered pockets.
- Padded, absorbent lining material on shoulder harness yoke and vest belt replaces fleece lining.
- Extended shoulder harness support with a new mesh yoke overlaying padded absorbent lining for better comfort and breathability.
- NEW XL Gamebag option is 3 inches deeper and 1″ thicker front to back than the Standard. It has a larger rear zipper pocket but is the same width as the Standard. Zipper pockets on the side panels are replaced by Molle strap bases to attach Molle compatable pouches and holsters. Available in both Blaze and Non-Blaze color.
The basic ballistic vest package price is $235.00 plus $18 shipping to continental US with 2@32 oz water bottles and a couple of component color choices. To Canada vest shipping is $45. Many have us ship to US border towns to save $.
What’s Ballistic cloth? The 1050 denier Ballistic cloth is 100% nylon and is heavier and denser than 1000 denier Cordura, though softer to touch and less stiff than Cordura. The weave pattern is larger, called basketweave, and each fiber group is thicker than in Cordura. It’s commonly used on the roll around black luggage seen in airports, and over time holds it’s body and stiffness a while longer than Cordura in hard use. These vests use ballistic on the gamebag , shell pockets and belt. Bottle holsters and harness are mil-spec Cordura. Ballistic is the industrial version for trainers and hunting pros who use a vest every day, or for the serious hunter who appreciates its’ quality.
Blaze Vests? Two components have a blaze option, the Gamebag and Shoulder Harness. Combined these come to about 100 square inches of blaze. This falls short of some state minimums, but it is all high on the body where most authorities recommend that it’s most effective. If you need more Blaze, we suggest a hat or Blaze sleeved shirt for the most effective visibility. The Blaze material on the Gamebag is TenMile cloth, an acrylic material. The harness blaze is a 3M product designed for sewing, that shows blaze in daylight and Silver at night under artificial light. We’ve stopped putting blaze on Long Pocket flaps due to the extreme wear on the material in this impact zone. Heavier nylons tend to fade very quickly in brighter colors, losing their intensity, so this has not been an option.
What separates Wingworks from other upland vests?
- Bombproof 1050d Ballistic Cloth exterior, fully lined with 420 denier nylon packcloth, beefed up sewing where it counts.
- Modular Design: Components will continue to be interchangeable to allow users to keep up with design improvements.
- Hunter ergonomics dominate design priorities, to minimize interference with climbing, walking and shooting.
- Versatility in a variety of hunting and weather conditions; small on-the-body footprint for warm weather hunting, simple adjustments.
Want more details?
- Four sizes (M, L, XL, XXL) in Khaki and Hunter Orange/Khaki
- Game Bag: Aqualon bloodproof barrier against hunter, 2 zippered accessory pockets on each side, extra water/convenience pouch inside, bringing designated water storage to 118 oz (using Ultimate Direction 54 oz bottle or hydration reservoir). Roomy rear accessory zippered pouch. Rear tie-down for extra jacket or shed antlers.
- Shell Pockets: On your sides where they don’t interfere. This also works for horseback hunters and ORV riders who need side-mounted bags. Pocket flaps Velcro inside pockets for fast shell access. Each pocket will accommodate 54 oz water bottles and training birds for trainers in hot climates. Strap connection through water holsters and game bag minimize flopping and hold vest together as a unit. Deep enough that you won’t lose shells, and can carry enough.
- Water Holsters: Removable, easy access holsters hold squeezable BPA free 32 oz squeeze bottles for dogs and hunters.
- Shoulder Harness: Sternum Strap Harness for its’ quick adjust and suitability to more difficult terrain and heavy loads. It adjusts in front and back to place the yoke where it needs to be regardless of size. Lightweight nylon shoulder straps don’t interfere with gun mount!
- Hip Suspension Belt: Comfortable, weight-bearing waist belt keeps load on leg and thigh muscles and stress off shoulders for more freedom of movement and less fatigue. Belt adjusts easily with 2” cam or side release buckle, and offers comfortable lower back support.
Mouse over photos for text