Mouse over photos for text
Customers don’t need to choose a vest size. Just supply us with your Height, Weight, and Waist at Navel (NOT BELTLINE WAIST! Vests must be worn centered at navel level to “hip load”) color choices and accessories. Minimum “waist at navel” size for Men’s is 30″, Women 28″. Women usually wear the belt lower than their narrowest waist measurement.
The basic ballistic vest package price is $285.00 plus $15 shipping to continental US with 2@32 oz water bottles and a couple of component color choices. To Canada vest shipping is $45. Many have us ship to US border towns to save $.
Two components have a blaze option, the Gamebag and Shoulder Harness. Combined these come to about 100 square inches of blaze. This falls short of some state minimums, but it is all high on the body where most authorities recommend that it’s most effective. If you need more Blaze, we suggest a hat or Blaze sleeved shirt for the most effective visibility. The Blaze material on the Gamebag is TenMile cloth, an acrylic material. The harness blaze is a 3M product designed for sewing, that shows blaze in daylight and Silver at night under artificial light. We’ve stopped putting blaze on Long Pocket flaps due to the extreme wear on the material in this impact zone. Heavier nylons tend to fade very quickly in brighter colors, losing their intensity, so this has not been an option.
What separates Wingworks from other upland vests?
- Bombproof 1050d Ballistic Cloth exterior, fully lined with 420 denier nylon packcloth, beefed up sewing where it counts. Heavier but more durable.
- Modular Design: Components will continue to be interchangeable to allow users to keep up with design improvements.
- Hunter ergonomics dominate design priorities, to minimize interference with climbing, walking and shooting.
- Versatility in a variety of hunting and weather conditions; small on-the-body footprint for warm weather hunting, simple adjustments.
- We mix and match components to meet your measurements in Khaki and Hunter Orange/Khaki
- Game Bag: Aqualon bloodproof barrier against hunter, 2 zippered accessory pockets on each side (Standard) or Molle panels (XL), extra water/convenience pouch inside, bringing designated water storage to 118 oz (using Ultimate Direction 54 oz bottle or hydration reservoir). Roomy rear accessory zippered pouch. Rear tie-down for extra jacket or shed antlers.
- Shell Pockets: On your sides where they don’t interfere. This also works for horseback hunters and ORV riders who need side-mounted bags. Pocket flaps Velcro inside pockets for fast shell access. Each pocket will accommodate 54 oz water bottles and training birds for trainers in hot climates. Strap connection through water holsters and game bag minimize flopping and hold vest together as a unit. Deep enough that you won’t lose shells, and can carry enough.
- Water Holsters: Removable, easy access holsters hold squeezable BPA free 32 oz squeeze bottles for dogs and hunters.
- Shoulder Harness: Sternum Strap Harness for its’ quick adjust and suitability to more difficult terrain and heavy loads. It adjusts in front and back to place the yoke where it needs to be regardless of size. Lightweight nylon shoulder straps don’t interfere with gun mount!
- Hip Suspension Belt: Comfortable, weight-bearing waist belt keeps load on leg and thigh muscles and stress off shoulders for more freedom of movement and less fatigue. Belt adjusts easily with 2” cam or side release buckle, and offers comfortable lower back support.
- Like a back or waistpack, not recommended while driving conventional vehicles.